For a Walk about Rokytnice nad Jizerou
A pleasant walk with beautiful views, easy to take with prams or push bikes. You will see interesting places in Rokytnice and you can sit by the chapel from where Kotel, the highest peak of the Liberecky Region, can be seen. The last part runs along the main road, but you can visit the local confectioner’s or make a stop at the children’s playground. Two marked educational trails can also be taken – Around Rokytnice (skewed green marks) and The Natives of Rokytnice (skewed red marks).
The townhall – Rokytnice nad Jizerou, main square – turn left onto the main road – beyond the post office, turn right and follow the skewed green marks – Church of St Nicolas – turn right – turn left at the intersection and go uphill – after 300 m turn right – Na Hadim vrchu junction – chapel on the side of Kostelni hill – Horní Rokytnice, main square – turn right onto the main road – the children’s playground near Sports Hall – the townhall
- Trip length: 5.2 km
- Points of interest: The townhall with its tower - the main square – Church of St. Nicolas – chapel on Kostelni hill – the Around Rokytnice trail – the Natives of Rokytnice trail – the former textile factory
- Refreshments: ROKY restaurant – U Vocta pub – U Mojmira restaurant – U Pata a Mata confectionery
- Transport: Take regular buses from Vrchlabi, Jablonec nad Jizerou and Harrachov; in summer you can also take the Krkonose Cyclobus Line 1
- Parking: Tesco Dolni Square car park
- Tip: Before you start the journey, warm up by climbing the townhall tower, 37 m tall. With older children, you can extend this trip to the Smuggler’s Trail.