Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6

Stachelberg Fort

Stachelberg Fort
, 541 01 Trutnov
Phone: (00420) 773 330 378
Map: View

The decision to build a permanent fortification system was issued by the government in 1934 and the first land survey was made in February 1935 under the presence of French generals, who also helped to determine the fortification lines. After three years of research and designs of the Stachelberg fort, building works began in August 1937, with the deadline being 24 months. The works ceased in 1938 and the entire Stachelberg complex, consisting of 12 surface structures, was never completed. A very large system of corridors and rooms lies under the fort. A total of 34 halls were planned to be used as storage rooms, offices, accommodation and for technical equipment. All underground areas were quarried from stone; however, some only in a partial profile. Only 15% of the spaces are made in concrete. Some passages of the underground system are now open to the public.

Opening hours:
Otevřeno vždy 10:00 - 17:00
květen, září: sobota, neděle
červen: čtvrtek až neděle
červenec, srpen: út - ne
říjen: sobota
listopad-prosinec: sobota (pouze 13:00)