Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


Old Town Hall

Print
Old Town Hall
Stará radnice
Krakonošovo náměstí 72, 541 01 Trutnov
Email: vesely@trutnov.cz
Phone: +420 499 818 245
Web: http://www.trutnov.cz
Map: View

The old town hall dominates Krakonosovo Sq. in Trutnov. It was originally built in the Renaissance style after a project by an Italian architect, Carol Valmadi, in 1591. After a devastating fire in 1861, it was redesigned in the Neo-Gothic style after a project by architect Frantisek Schmoranz, and the dominant slim spire was added. In the 1980’s the facade was decorated in a large-scale reconstruction according to newly found drawings of the original sgraffito decorations. In the 19th and 20th centuries the interior layout saw numerous changes. There were offices of the town council, the meeting hall of the municipal council, a prison and a police station. After World War Two the building was occupied by various authorities until 1987 when it was re-established as the town hall. Its representation halls are used on ceremonial occasions.

Opening hours:
úřední dny