Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Castles, chateaux, ruins » Chojnik – Sobieszow

Chojnik – Sobieszow

Print
Chojnik – Sobieszow
Hrad Chojnik
, 58-570 Jelenia Góra - Sobieszów
Email: kontakt@chojnik.pl
Phone:
Web: http://www.chojnik.pl
Map: View

The ruins of Castle Chojnik can be seen at an altitude of 627 m a.s.l. above Sobieszow village, today a part of Jelenia Gora, and is one of the greatest tourist attractions on the Polish side of the Krkonose. The first written records on Castle Chojnik date back to the 14th century, when it was founded by Count Bolko II, the governor of Swidnica and Jawor. His widowed wife passed the property onto Gotsch Schaff, a predecessor of the well-known Silesian family of Schaffgotsch. The family owned the castle until 1675, when it burnt down, after which it was never renewed. In the 20th century the castle was repaired and is now open to the public.