Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Castles, chateaux, ruins » Castle Brustejn Ruins

Castle Brustejn Ruins

Print
Castle Brustejn Ruins
Břecštejn
Krakonošovo náměstí 72, 541 01 Trutnov
Email: info@ictrutnov.cz
Phone: +420 499 818 245
Web: http://www.trutnov.cz
Map: View

The ruins of Castle Brustejn, sometimes also called Silberstejn or Brecstejn, can be seen at Hradecek near Trutnov. The castle was founded in the first half of the 15th century and the first records on it date back to 1455, when it was owned by the Zilvar family of Pilnikov. From the latter half of the 16th century the castle was uninhabited and is mentioned as abandoned in the 17th century. As a structural type, it was a small face wall castle. An octagonal summer house was built on the remains of the palace in 1794 and demolished in the first half of the 20th century. High walls and a cellar in the southern part have been preserved.